Three Facts That Prove You Are Not Meant To Depend On Yourself.
PEACE AMIDST A TROUBLED WORLD
Do you know that the earth on which we live is as tiny as a speck of dust compared to the vastness of the visible universe? Do you know that a countless number of human souls have had their own tern and taste of mortality right where you are? The earth, according to scientific records, has accommodated over 168 generations up until now. The big question is; why were we not born some centuries ago? Why are we here, now, this very moment in history, among the several billions of human beings walking the face of the earth?
No human being personally knows the place, the time and the day on which he or she entered earth- other people informed you and I and we had to believed it- and no one knows the exact place, the time, and day on which he or she will exit earth.
There is no doubt that the timing of our births, the era in which we live, the people we’ve come to know, and the deep callings in our hearts, are all a part of a divine plan that is way higher than what the mortal mind can grasp.
Unfortunately, we are a species that has lost its way… we have long forgotten what plants and animals still know… we have forgotten how to be still. We have become slaves to the mind. And because the mind is a mere instrument that can only understand the facts and figures we gather through our mortal senses, we have become victims of circumstances around us. However, we, human beings were not designed to live by facts, but by faith.
The flowers, the birds, the trees… all of nature seek to show us the way home, the way out of the prison of our own minds… the way to completely depend on God, daily, with a child-like trust and in thankful quietness.
Here are three reasons why you should know that you were not originally designed to live stressing, or depending on yourself:
- You do not have a choice when It comes to your original “human make-up”: You did not get to choose your own biological parents. You woke up into life, in a body you did not purchase or pick. Once you were a baby; now you are a boy, a girl, a man, or a woman, and yet you never had to purchase a bone to make up for your height as the years went by.
- You are not really in control: You are only able to do whatever you are doing in this world, right now, because you have a functioning human body, and yet, you do not have direct control over the basic external elements and internal processes needed to keep your body alive: the air you breathe, the timing of your heartbeat, the right internal temperature of your body, the accuracy of blood pulses that feeds your brain, and etcetera. All these vital supplies are free and beyond your control.
- You “die” every time you sleep: Like a dead person, when you sleep, you lose touch with the physical world including everything you think you own or need. You become unaware and separated from the material world until you are given yet another chance to taste mortality. The exact time at which you fall asleep and wake up, you do not know.
You do not wake up each morning because you planned to or because of your good looks or possession; you wake up because there is, in this tangible plane, an unfinished task that is meant to be handled by you. The God that wakes you up is the same Supplier that is meant to sustain you through the day. Many things may matter to you, relatively speaking, but only one thing matters absolutely… that is the free gift of life that now is within your body.
I can say without a doubt that, wherever you find yourself, now, is exactly where you ought to be at this moment because you are there for one of two reasons:
- It is either you have made the right sacrifices, sown the right seeds, and you are currently being refined by the heat of uncertainties and, or of waiting; you are being prepared through the pressing conditions so that you will be able to handle the forthcoming higher-phase of your life, or…
- you have followed your mortal senses, neglected discipline and you are being given a chance to embrace divine wisdom through discomfort.
Each phase in life seeks merely to prepare us for the next if we will only learn and adapt. For where you find yourself now, genuinely respect the people, for the task at hand now, give it your best, for whatever expectations you have, a daily childlike dependence on God will lead you to where you belong. We worry because our realities are limited to the scope of our knowledge. But what we know isn’t all there is to know.
Whatever you think you have or don’t have is not new. Wherever you think you are or need to be is not of absolute importance. You have nothing to prove, really. LIFE is not yours; neither is the weight of everyday living. If you will look keenly, you will find that the things that truly matter are for free; you will find that you have a lot to be thankful to God for, and nothing to prove to any human being. You will be grateful… you will be be patient… you will be still.